Tuesday, March 16, 2010

late night

Well, insomnia doesn't hit me often, but when it does - wow - it hits me hard! LOL! But, not in a bad way. I'm actually up cleaning up my Mac, updating websites, uploading new pics, etc. Basically, I'm being productive. :-) All while listening to a new Jason Mraz CD (don't say a word, Scott!), 'Beautiful Mess - Live on Earth.' Needless to say, great stuff there. :-)

Anyway, over the past several months, major things have been happening. Some good, some 'bad' (other people might consider them bad, but I consider EVERY experience - no matter how 'bad' it may seem at the time - to be a blessing and a new opportunity to learn much needed lessons. Now, granted, some of these 'much needed lessons' have NOT been fun, but I'm grateful for them nonetheless. Yes, I've been learning a LOT and, on top of that, I've been writing a LOT. And I do mean a LOT. The songs that are coming now are the most honest and raw I've ever written. Something happened in the fall of 09 - I stopped judging. I stopped editing. I stopped worrying about what people were going to 'think' or how they were going to react to my new stuff. I just wrote - and wrote - and wrote. And, I've been writing ever since. I'm grateful that some of the most intense pain I've experienced thus far in my life is producing some pretty cool stuff.

I'm anxious to share the new songs with all of you! I'm not sure when the new album will be finished - I'm still writing songs for it! - but I'll keep you all posted. All I can do is promise that it will be worth the wait!

Thanks so much for all your love and support - it is MUCH appreciated!!

Love always,
~Jen

PS - Check out the happiest place on the internet and tell the world what you're grateful for!

http://www.gratitudelog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment