Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gratitude

What am I grateful for?

   I'm grateful for the sun, shining warmly upon my face. I'm grateful for my amazing family and support network. I'm grateful for re-connecting with 'old' friends and realizing that true connections of the soul never really die.
 
   I'm grateful for music - all music - as well as the amazing songs I'm given from time to time. I'm grateful to have a voice - and to live in a time when I can use that voice to express whatever I feel I need/want to express.

   I'm grateful I believe in myself. I'm grateful I Am loving - and full of love - at all times. I'm grateful to be open. I'm grateful that I'm happy - no matter what life seems to send my way.

   I'm grateful that I am able to use my music, my writing and my art as a way of making sense of the world. I'm grateful for You and I'm grateful that You're all on this journey with me. I'm grateful for Jason Mraz- and Alanis Morissette, the Beatles, John Lennon, Carole King, Billy Joel, my dad  - and countless other incredible musicians/songwriters/artists who continually inspire me to settle for nothing less than absolute greatness in my life's work.

   I'm grateful for awe-inspiring friends like, Tim Piccirillo, who encourage the living daylights out of me and keep me going strong at all times. I'm grateful for love - in all its forms. I'm grateful for sound - and connection. I'm grateful for friends and loved ones. I'm grateful for my sweet, sweet dog. I'm grateful for good times spent with great people. I'm grateful for memories I could never bear to live without. I'm grateful for places I've been, things I've experienced, 'mistakes' I've made and lessons I'm always learning.

   I'm grateful to be me. And I'm grateful to finally feel comfortable in my own skin.  I'm grateful for people who accept me as I am - no questions asked. I'm grateful to be surrounded by love and loving people at all times. I'm grateful for my life. I'm grateful for my health and my new-found love of eating healthy, yummy foods. I'm grateful for yoga - and meditation.

   I'm grateful for my heart and its willingness to heal and keep loving - at all costs. I'm grateful I look at the world as the most amazing and incredible place ever. I'm grateful that I see how much we are all connected - how we are all One - and how we are all love. I'm grateful I'm becoming more aware of how I impact this beautiful planet - and I'm grateful that I care so much about it. I'm grateful that, even when I'm experiencing more pain than I think I can handle, I somehow find a way to handle it and keep going. I'm grateful that I write - about EVERYTHING. I'm grateful for my house, my car and that I live in such a peaceful space in Florida. I'm grateful for my music - for the songs I write as well as my guitar, piano, and my bass! :-)

   I'm grateful that, no matter how many times I've heard that I wouldn't be any good at this, I simply keep going. I'm grateful that even when it seems like a big deal at the time, I know it's not. I'm grateful that I let go of the wheel and just let God drive most of the time. I'm grateful that I always feel that my glass is at least 3/4 full. (Yes, I really am THAT optimystic!! And no, that's not a typo.) I'm grateful to be open. I'm grateful to be feeling peaceful and completely loved in this moment.

   I'm grateful that I've had my heart broken - many times. I'm grateful that I get to experience sadness, for it makes happiness so much brighter and more magical when it arrives. I'm grateful that I've experienced loss, for it makes me appreciate what (and who) I have in my life and not take it (or them) for granted. I'm grateful for You. I'm grateful for sunshine. And birds. And butterflies. I'm grateful for the meltdown I experienced last fall. I'm grateful I'm letting go of the way I used to view myself - and the way I used to feel about myself. I'm grateful that I'm continually changing.  I'm grateful that I love to travel. I'm grateful to be going to California next month - it's going to be a life changing and transforming experience - and I'm grateful for it in advance.

   I'm grateful that I have the courage to keep going no matter what. I'm grateful that I'm always willing to try new things and to go my own way. I'm grateful that inspiration finds me in so many different ways - all the time. I'm grateful that I get to inspire other people. I'm grateful for my amazing mom and sister - as well as for so many of my other loved ones that I can't imagine living without.

   And I'm grateful for You - have I mentioned how grateful I Am for You? I'm grateful that You're here. I'm grateful that You've taken the time to read this and I'm grateful that You're Love. You really are. And somewhere, deep inside, You know this. So, I thank You for coming. I thank You for reading. And I thank You for thinking about what You're grateful for. Because, You can't read about what someone else is grateful for without thinking about what You're grateful for in Your own life....

So, now it's Your turn....what are You grateful for?

Love - and gratitude - always,
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment